Cabin Reviews - Ventura

Discussions about anything related to Ventura

Topic author
JenniC
Ex Team Member

Cabin Reviews - Ventura

Post by JenniC »

Following a suggestion from a member we have set up this thread for Cabin Reviews under each of the About "Ship" sections so please feel free to add your review.

To facilitate the search for a particular cabin it would be helpful when adding a review if you try and post in the standard format as recommended below. To assist you can copy and paste this format into your post and then complete as required. However, ALL reviews in whatever format are welcome :thumbup:

Cabin Number:
Overall Rating: 1* to 5*****
Cleanliness: 1* to 5*****
Furnishings: 1* to 5*****
Balcony: 1* to 5*****
Bathroom: 1* to 5*****
Stability: 1* to 5*****
Quiet Cabin?: 1* to 5*****
Comments:

If you have any pictures of the cabin you would like to share, please upload to the Gallery and post the link in your review.
Pictures regarding the obstructed cabins on all the ships can be located on here ...
https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/fleet ... ted-views/

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM me.
Jenni

Peter D
Second Officer
Second Officer

Re: Cabin Reviews

Post by Peter D »

Cabin Number: D330
Overall Rating: 5*****
Cleanliness: 5*****
Furnishings: 5*****
Balcony: 4**** (having seen Deck C)
Bathroom: 5*****
Stability: 5*****
Quiet Cabin?: 5*****

This room is an excellent size, queen bed, 2 bedside tables, 3 seater settee, 2 TV’s, small table, 2 chairs, fridge and the usual tea making facilities, there is a lot of wasted space where the tea making facilities are, could have put in more shelves. Walk in wardrobe had ample hanging space and a full length cupboard with shelves and safe, doors had full length mirror. The bathroom, full size bath and bath shower and sink with pamper pack. The balcony is fairly small, had 2 reclining chairs, 2 foot stools and a side table, it is also overlooked from all balcony staterooms above. Superior Staterooms come with Champagne, chocolates, 5 carnations in a basket, dressing gowns and slippers. There is also canapés, once in week 1 and once in week 2.

Photo: http://www.cruise-community.me.uk/galle ... lbum_id=65
Regards

Peter

Peter D
Second Officer
Second Officer

Re: Cabin Reviews

Post by Peter D »

Cabin Number: C254
Furnishings: 5****
Balcony: 6******
Bathroom: 3***

We booked this cabin for my parents so the review is from seeing it only. However, we have booked the same cabin number for our Azura cruise in March 2013.

It is a good size, queen bed, 2 bedside tables, 1 TV, small dressing table, 1 chair, fridge and the usual tea making facilities. Walk in wardrobe had ample hanging space and a full length cupboard with shelves and safe, no doors. The bathroom, other than you could not swing a cat in there had a sink and shower with pamper pack. The balcony is very large, larger than D deck, the largest of all the normal staterooms with balconies and had 2 reclining chairs, 1 foot stool and a side table.

Photos: http://www.cruise-community.me.uk/galle ... lbum_id=66
Regards

Peter

oldpoer
Cadet
Cadet

Re: Cabin Reviews - Ventura

Post by oldpoer »

SUITE A750 A DECK

Cabin Number: A750
Furnishings: 4****
Balcony: 3***
Quiet Cabin?:4****
This is a summary of the above cabin

FEB 22nd-MAR 8th
Position good, no passing passengers due to being at a dead end of the passageway
Cabin has lounge area, sleeping area, separate toilet ,separate shower room and small cloak room
This cabin has a bed settee so can sleep four people but would not advise four adults
Lounge and sleeping area can be separated off by curtains
Toilet and shower room can be accessed from lounge area and bedroom area so can be locked of to allow privacy
Cloak room is off the sleeping area a bit small and awkward getting clothes in and out ,would not hold four adults clothes .
Two television sets
Small table and one chair and desk
Plenty of drawers and cupboard space
Small marbled top area with small sink ,kettle and coffee making machine
Ample supply of glasses if holding a cocktail party
Two sets of balcony doors
BALCONY AFT OF SHIP
Very large balcony with large table, small table, two reclining chairs. two fixed chairs and two large sunbeds.(no obtrusive beam taking up half of balcony)
Balcony not fully enclosed (about four fifths fully covered) so feels very open and is not overlooked from above due to the overhang of the pool area
Only noise heard from the pool area was when the deck chairs were being put out in the morning and being stacked in the evening, no noise from people using the pool but could be different if there were hundreds of children using the
Pool (very few kids when we were on)
Only downside to balcony between the middle cabins on ABC decks there are extraction vents and the fans run 24/7
and can be heard on balcony so if peace and quiet is your thing pick an outside aft cabin , also on occasions you can detect cooking smells coming from the vents, and a gale blows under the access door to the vents .
Sticking out from the rear of the ship are three cameras ,obviously so the bridge can see what is happening when berthing and these are visible from the A deck cabins ,when they are on who knows so if nude sunbathing is your thing
or whatever beware, you do not want to arrive home and your kids tell you had a million hits on you tube for your performance

Maritqos
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Maritqos »

Cabin A750

Oldpoer means Wardrobe - not Cloakroom. It was a walk in wardrobe access from the bedroom, it was a small square and a bit awkward, but nothing that is worth a "moan" about :D

I loved the balcony, and we spent more time on it than in the cabin. Ok occasionally there were cooking smells, and the noise from the vents blended with the sea noise, it certainly would not put me off booking this cabin again.

We saw in A752 which is now classed as a Penthouse, the lounge area is bigger, and has a dining table and four chairs, but the balcony was a big disappointment, it has the beam running right up through it, and it is long and narrow, which makes the furniture on in set out in a haphazard way. If I had my choice it would definitely be A750.

Anyone who may like to see what the cabin looks like can find my slide show of it here:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rp8fjrF ... tube_gdata

Can I just add that the dressing area was brilliant, it was at the left hand side of the bed in a corner, plenty of drawers, and both walls were mirrored which meant that you could see yourself from all angles and doing hair etc was great, must say that by the end of the cruise though I am not so sure about seeing myself from all angles :o :o :o

Lynn S
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Lynn S »

We were in an accessible cabin on C deck and it was brilliant! Wondered if anyone could give me a comparison of an accessible balcony cabin on Ventura/Azura with one on Aurora?

Thanks!
Lynn

Mariner Mike
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Mariner Mike »

Hi

We normally do balconies but have done an outside before either on Oriana or with other lines. We are going on N313 in June with a recently widowed friend. She wanted to go in an inside cabin to keep cost down for single occupancy, so we opted for L101 as she wanted us to be near in the circumstances and at least it meant that we had nearby access to outdoor space on Lido deck and not many passers by. L101 is right at the front of Lido deck looking out over the front of the ship. Has anyone experience of this or other similar cabins??

Mr-big-bits-mk2
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by Mr-big-bits-mk2 »

Cabin Number: Suite R402

Cleanliness: 4****
Balcony: 3***
Quiet Cabin?:4****

The cabin is mid ship and pretty much mid way between 2 lift sections. The main area is nice with plenty of room though the walk in wardrobe is only walk in if there's nothing in it. Bathroom fantastic, twin sinks are seperated from the bath/shower area with loads of room. There is a whirlpool bath with seperate shower which is idea as you can have a very hot relaxing whirlbath and then jump in a cool shower afterwards to cool down. Nice balcony but only room for one recliner.

You get 2 tv's, kettle and expresso machines plus a nice Bose hifi system (bolted down as it would easily fit into a suitcase).

MicheleW
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by MicheleW »

Cabin No: C749 Aft Suite
Overall rating: 4-5
Cleanliness: 5
Furnishings: 5
Balcony: 4+
Bathroom: 5
Stability: 4+
Quiet cabin: 4+

This was our first (and probably only) time in a suite, so we were determined to make the most of it! It was very clean throughout and very well furnished. To give you an idea of the layout, from the entrance you could do a whole circle round all the areas going through the sitting area, the bedroom, the bathroom and toilet which brought you back to the entrance. When you walked through the door you entered into the sitting area, where there was a writing desk with chair on your left where all the usual literature was to be found and also a magazine rack with a selection of magazines, then a large sofa, easy chair and coffee table, upon which was our bottle of complimentary champagne and box of beautiful chocolates. Continuing round to the right was the sleeping area, with the 2 beds and a large set of drawers along 1 wall and a dressing table and chair in the corner. You then went through a door into the bathroom where there was a huge whirlpool bath and a separate walk-in shower. On the back of the door were hanging 3 bathrobes with 3 pairs of slippers. Through another door was the toilet area where there was also a large sink and mirror and a door at the other end brought you back round to the entrance. This circular “route” goes around a floor to ceiling high ‘island’ in the centre. In the sitting area this consists of a worktop area where the mugs, a teapot, coffee pot and milk jug are located along with a huge box containing your tea, coffee, sugar, milk etc. (a huge variety of teas was available). Then there is a small sink with a cupboard below where we found our coffee machine, and a cupboard above this containing enough glasses and crockery for a small party! Next to this was the first of 2 TVs, above a cupboard which housed the fridge containing a large bottle of water. Then round into the sleeping area is the second TV. Next round is a cupboard with the safe in and some drawers underneath. And then you have the walk-in wardrobe area. There was a ‘short’ hanging space above some open drawers, then a full length hanging space on the right, containing an iron and ironing board and another full length hanging space straight ahead with the shelves for the lifejackets above. The full length hanging area could be closed off by a door which had a full length mirror on the outside. (A bit scary when you were heading for the loo in the middle of the night and saw someone walking towards you in the dim light!)
There was access to the huge balcony from both the sitting area and bedroom and it contained a table with 4 chairs, a small square table and 2 sun-loungers without feeling at all cramped. There was an overhang on the balcony, so it all depended on the angle of the sun whether you got any or not. Location was pretty good. Being aft there was no passing traffic and it seemed very well insulated, as we never heard any noise from the next door suite. Also, never really noticed the noise from the air vent to the right – the noise of the ships wake was louder. Did notice considerable vibrations when manoeuvring in and out of ports. I was awake anyway, but being a light sleeper, I think this would have woken me if I hadn’t been. I loved experiencing a suite and would certainly book this one again – when my lottery ticket comes up!
PS. sorry for the extremely lengthy review.

wilson2579
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by wilson2579 »

cabin no A533 mid ship
Overall rating 3
Cleanliness 5
Furnishings 5
Bathroom 5
Location 3
Stability 5
Quiet cabin 2

We had a late upgrade from aft to mid inside cabin. I should have agreed to keep my original cabin as we had aft inside before which was very quiet but in our mid inside cabin we had a constant rumbling with the odd louder noise on and off during the night. Husband suggested it was coming from the funnel, I wasn't so sure. What I am sure is that the noise was loud enough to affect the cabins around us. In the deck plan there were no cabins above us just white space which did worry me before we went. Everything else in the cabin was excellent and our cruise fantastic but hubby has come home exhausted from lack of sleep. :tired:

Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Jan Rosser »

Cabin F334 mid ships Deck 6
Overall rating 3
Cleanliness 5
Furnishings 4
Bathroom 5
Location 4
Stability 3
Noise 1

This is a single inside cabin which is one of 18 single cabins installed on Ventura a few months ago. I had been in the identical cabin on Azura and found its size, location and comfort extremely good but I am sorry to say I would not recommend this cabin to anyone who wants a good night's sleep - impossible!

In its favour I have to say it is right next to reception and very handy for the bars and shops but was noisy not just because of the entertainment in the Exchange next door but structurally it creaked and rattled particularly when the Captain cranked up the speed. One night I felt as if there was something loose in the walls it was horrendous and I hardly slept. What was strange too was that on Azura the bed was what I would call three-quarter size but although the bed surround was that size the mattress was a single and as the bedside cabinet was fixed it meant I had to get in and out of bed to turn the bedside lamp on and off - ridiculous!

The poor steward had to look after all 18 cabins but to be fair the cabin was kept very clean. There was plenty of shelf space, the usual walk in wardrobe and adequate bathroom. Incidentally the inside cabins are L shaped - much bigger than the outside cabins.

The biggest problem though was the door which was closed at night to shut off the corridor presumably to soundproof it from noise coming from the atrium and bars and for privacy. This was a fire door and extremely heavy and impossible to close quietly and as I was on the end next to the door I felt a shudder every time it was shut.

So fellow cruisers think very carefully before having one of these cabins - I certainly wouldn't have a single on Ventura again and quite honestly don't think the single cabins are very good value for money - you certainly don't pay "single" prices! I paid less for an outside obstructed cabin on Azura a few months ago than this single inside :crazy:
Janis

Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Suekersh »

Cabin Number: D403
Overall Rating: 5 *
Cleanliness: cabin 5 *.
Furnishings: 4 *.
Balcony: space 5 * but needed a good clean.
Bathroom: 5*
Stability: as good as it could be on Ventura
Quiet Cabin?: 5*

We booked this as a getaway deal so were very pleased to get mid ships cabin.

We booked a superior deluxe balcony and the extras compared to a balcony cabin are:

Dressing gowns, slippers, atlas and binoculars. Bottle of champagne, chocolates, and flower display.
Fruit basket twice per week and canapés twice per week.

The cabin has a good sized living area and loads of storage space.

Sue

davecttr
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by davecttr »

Cabin F314 mid ships Deck 6
Overall rating 2
Cleanliness 5
Furnishings 4
Bathroom 5
Location 4
Stability 4
Noise 1

This is a outside single on deck 6 and the noisiest cabin i have experienced on a P&O ship. There was constant creaking from the wall/ceiling and ocassionally banging so loud you though someone was trying to get in the cabin. These retrofit cabins need 'fettling'. A team need to spend time when the ship is at sea identifying the sources of the noise and eliminating them. This would require partial dismantling and can only be done when the ship is underway.

i will not be booking a single cabin on Ventura again and can't recommend them. for a few pounds more you can have a nice cosy, quite inside on a higher deck.

Kaziebelle
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by Kaziebelle »

We have done two trips on c deck mid ships,very little movement either way,very little noise in fact hardly any at all,no noise from above as some who were on higher decks than us complained of noise from the top deck when crew were moving items around

Lynda and David
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by Lynda and David »

Cabin Number: E731
Furnishings: 4*****
Balcony: 5****
Stability: 3*****
Quiet Cabin?: 4*****

This room is an excellent size, queen bed, 2 bedside tables, 3 seater settee, 2 TV’s, small table, 2 chairs, fridge and the usual tea making facilities. Walk in wardrobe had ample hanging space and a full length cupboard with shelves and safe, doors had full length mirror. The bathroom, full size bath and bath shower and sink with pamper pack. The balcony is almost double the size of the other Superior Deluxe Balcony cabins, it is the last cabin on E deck starboard side had 2 reclining chairs, 2 foot stools and a side table, and unlike those cabins on D deck it is not overlooked from above giving a lot of privacy, ideal for sunbathing. Superior Staterooms come with Champagne, chocolates, orchid display in a bowl, dressing gowns and slippers. Canapés and fruit are delivered, once in week 1 and once in week 2.

I've given Furnishings a 4 rating because the sofabed needs replacing. It is dirty and the closing mechanism doesn't close completely which makes sitting on the sofa difficult as you feel as though you are slipping forward.

The downsides to this cabin are that in rough weather you feel the movement more than in a similar cabin mid-ship and you can hear the band playing in Havana Lounge below and this makes sleeping difficult if you want to go to bed before 11.30pm. After that time there is a disco in Havana every night which you cannot hear.

manders231
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by manders231 »

Has anyone been in the B cabins on Ventura, we are booked on N612 and have booked a balcony cabin, just curious
Manders :)

screwy
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by screwy »

Was in a B deck Balcony on Azura and it was fine.Enjoy.
Mel

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

If it helps, we've been in B330 on Azura, which I am assuming is much the same as yours. Here's my earlier review:
qbman1 wrote:
Cabin Number: B330

Overall Rating: 4****
Cleanliness: 4.5****
Balcony: 5*****
Bathroom: 3***

Comments: We were only on board for a 2-nighter to Guernsey so probably not really long enough to give a fully informed review but, by and large, we were very impressed with this cabin. It is well placed on the port side between the forward and midships stairways so not too much of a hike from all the main facilities on board. Our Muster Station was The Glass House which is a much better option than cramming into a theatre.

The cabin is just a standard balcony but is perfectly adequate and about the same size as comparable cabins on Aurora and Arcadia. Only major criticism is that the shower room is a bit on the small side but then you can sit on the loo, wash your hands in the basin and your feet in the shower, all at the same time !

There is no sofa, just an armchair and a stool but, for us, that was fine and it gives more space around the balcony doors. The unit for the fridge/tea and coffee facilities is well designed and keeps it all separate from the dressing table. There is a very good dressing/open hanging area outside the shower room which we found preferable to the conventioned enclosed wardrobes. Difficult to tell exactly how much clobber you can cram into the hanging space but I guess it is more than a standard wardrobe. The safe is also in this area in a decent-sized shelved cupboard.

The balcony seems slightly larger than those we are used to on Arcadia and Aurora and is certainly better furnished with two lounger chairs, footstools and a small table. It does overlook the balconies on D and C decks below but is not overlooked itself from above.

We could comfortably and happily spend 3 weeks in this cabin

manders231
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by manders231 »

Thank you, not been on a cruise since 2012 so I am very excited and its a first for my new husband :)

screwy
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by screwy »

We are looking at booking Azura/Ventura in 2017. We normally book a C deck cabin with the large Balcony but we will be taking our 18 yr old Grandaughter with us and would prefer the D Deck cabin with the Sofa bed as opposed to the Pulman. Does anyone know if the balconies on D are as big as C deck or would they be big enough for the 3 of us to sit on (hopefully in the sun.) Thanks.
Mel

suespud
First Officer
First Officer

Post by suespud »

image.jpg
I'm on D deck 732 on Azura in feb 2017, big balcony no shade.
image.jpg
image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

suespud
First Officer
First Officer

Post by suespud »

:o Eeeeek...so excited!!!!

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Post by oldbluefox »

You lucky lass. It looks great. :thumbup:

suespud
First Officer
First Officer

Post by suespud »

oldbluefox wrote:
You lucky lass. It looks great. :thumbup:
I can only go on about it on here..cos Alex is fed up me talking about....lol
His 60th is soon..and his choice, a week in Venice and Florence..will be amazing I'm sure....but it's sooo long since we cruised...I can't wait...and it's only 52 weeks on Friday!!! ;) :lol:

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Post by oldbluefox »

Good grief, I thought it was soon!!!!! You'll be worn out before it arrives. :lol:

Return to “About Ventura”