Travel Update

Topics relating to P&O

Topic author
Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Travel Update

Post by Stephen »

In case no one has seen this from Paul Ludlow.

https://www.facebook.com/pandocruises/v ... 6381994632
Last edited by Stephen on 22 Jun 2021, 11:03, edited 2 times in total.

Topic author
Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Re: Travel Update

Post by Stephen »

Just had this through via email from P&O.

So does this mean that passengers are no longer offloaded if they contract Covid?

https://www.pocruises.com/cruise-with-c ... -protocols

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

Could go either way ...

My reading of it suggests that it doesn't specifically state where the period in isolation is ... i.e. on board or ashore.
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Topic author
Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Manoverboard wrote: 28 Jan 2022, 15:41
Could go either way ...

My reading of it suggests that it doesn't specifically state where the period in isolation is ... i.e. on board or ashore.

My thoughts too. Although I read this a bit further down.

What happens if I test positive on board?

Any guests that test positive for COVID-19 whilst on board, will move to dedicated isolation cabins for their and other guests’ well-being. This will be for either the duration of the required isolation, or to the scheduled port of disembarkation, or to the next port of call.
Last edited by Stephen on 28 Jan 2022, 15:44, edited 1 time in total.

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

The way I read it is that you can still be disembarked with Covid.

The major issue is that where the port/country has a ruling about being disembarked then it is outside of the cruise line's protocols.

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

It then continues with the following:-

Any instances of positive tests on board will be managed by our on board medical teams in conjunction with local port authority / Port Health requirements and protocols to determine the most appropriate course of action.
In situations where guests are required to disembark the ship before their scheduled port of disembarkation, we shall always work with the local authorities and the guests’ insurance company to secure the most appropriate accommodation to continue the period of isolation. In most instances though, these will be pre-determined hotels as ones able to accommodate positive cases of Covid-19. Our dedicated CARE team will also provide ongoing support to any guests in these circumstances.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

barney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by barney »

Stephen wrote: 28 Jan 2022, 15:43
Could go either way ...

Any guests that test positive for COVID-19 whilst on board, will move to dedicated isolation cabins for their and other guests’ well-being. This will be for either the duration of the required isolation, or to the scheduled port of disembarkation, or to the next port of call.
That’s enough to put me off going.
Any chance of being disembarked in a foreign country means we won’t be cruising until it’s over.
Also there are new rules coming in a couple of months regarding non EU nationals and passport checks. If, for example, in Barcelona they need to check every disembarking passenger on a big ship, it will be chaos.
Unless bilateral agreements are made in advance, it will be devastating for European tourism.
Empty vessels .. and all that

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

... Any guests that test positive for COVID-19 whilst on board, will move to dedicated isolation cabins for their and other guests’ well-being. This will be for either the duration of the required isolation, or to the scheduled port of disembarkation, or to the next port of call.
[/b]
This deffo means that one can be dumped off, unfortunately.
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

barney wrote: 28 Jan 2022, 15:49
Could go either way ...

That’s enough to put me off going.
Any chance of being disembarked in a foreign country means we won’t be cruising until it’s over.
Also there are new rules coming in a couple of months regarding non EU nationals and passport checks. If, for example, in Barcelona they need to check every disembarking passenger on a big ship, it will be chaos.
Unless bilateral agreements are made in advance, it will be devastating for European tourism.
I cannot imagine that the new rules for non EU nationals will be more onerous than current ones, at present US/Canadian nationals can disembark without any passport checks, so I would expect that UK nationals will be treated the same, although I'm sure Macron would like to punish us.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

Return to “P&O”