Azura Suite R409

Discussions about anything related to Azura

Topic author
suerose111
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Azura Suite R409

Post by suerose111 »

Can anyone help please? We have booked on the Azura for August Aft Suite C749 and were very much looking forward to it. Today I have been told we will have to change to R409 due to the aft cabins being used for Covid Isolation. I know that cannot be helped, but am worried that I have spent a shed load of money on my favourite location only to be disappointed with the new allocation as I know it is under the pool area so am concerned about noise and also the overhang perhaps making it seem overshadowed and lack of sun. All the other suites (not that there are many) in the other areas of the ship are taken. Can anyone put my mind at rest please and say it will be fine, or should I re-book in a standard balcony cabin that is in a better location?
Thanks

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Re: Azura Suite R409

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

We were very happy with a midships suite we had on Azura. Not disturbed by noise from above and not bothered by the overhang, though to be fair we are not sun worshippers. We'd much rather be midships than at the stern. I think we might have been 408 or thereabouts.

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Can't afford such luxuries myself :), but like Merv my choice would be mid-ships everytime.

Welcome to the forum suerose111 :wave:

Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Post by Kendhni »

Hi Suerose, there are some pictures that say they are from R409 at https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deck ... cabin=R409

Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Whynd1 »

There seems to be a fair bit of this going on with P and O at the moment.
Passengers who paid the extra to select their cabins are being moved, which is for understandable reasons but there seems to be no recourse for these passengers and you seem to be told where you will be moved to.

I have a close friend travelling in an aft cabin on Arcadia in a few weeks and am keeping my fingers crossed that she will not be moved.

Lindsey

kaymar
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by kaymar »

Whynd1 wrote: 16 Jun 2022, 18:16
There seems to be a fair bit of this going on with P and O at the moment.
Passengers who paid the extra to select their cabins are being moved, which is for understandable reasons but there seems to be no recourse for these passengers and you seem to be told where you will be moved to.

I have a close friend travelling in an aft cabin on Arcadia in a few weeks and am keeping my fingers crossed that she will not be moved.

Lindsey
Lindsey, do you or your friend know - is Arcadia definitely sailing again from next month? In April, all sailings were cancelled until early July.

Onelife
Captain
Captain

Post by Onelife »

Hello Suerose

Not sure if this is the deck you’ve been allocated but I found this review on Cruise.co.uk

and so we went with the suite. First - and most important thing - to note is if you like peace and quiet, DON'T BOOK ANYTHING MIDSHIPS ON RIVIERA DECK, yet alone a suite. It sounds as though folk are tap dancing above your head, and sometimes they're moving furniture whilst they're at it! We had booked on an Early Saver rate, so had no control over the allocation. Bizarrely, these suites are the highest grade below the two big ones, and yet have the worst location. Along with the noise, the balconies are COMPLETELY SHADED. You will never be troubled by the sun on this deck! It was extremely annoying to stand on our balcony and look down on the folk in the Deluxe Balcony cabins enjoying the sunshine. I can safely say that we would never, ever stay in any cabin on Riviera Deck again.

Reviewed By: Down, WESTERHAM on 7th Apr 2018

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

kaymar wrote: 16 Jun 2022, 22:33
is Arcadia definitely sailing again from next month?
Nothing can ever be definite but they have started moving crew back onto Arcadia from this week.

CaroleF
First Officer
First Officer

Post by CaroleF »

I've been in C749 a couple of times. I would say that the aft suite is slightly larger than the midship one illustrated in the pictures Ken refers to. The sitting area is more separate and a bit wider. The balcony in the aft suite is wider but not by a huge amount. One of the reasons we always chose an aft cabin was to be able to stand by the balcony rail and look over the wash of the ship, especially with a glass in hand! Some passengers won't choose an aft cabin because they don't like the noise of the wash - it can be quite loud - but we loved it. It seems odd to me that they use the expensive cabins for people with Covid. Certainly I wouldn't be very happy if I'd specifically booked an aft cabin and was then moved, although it's definitely better being able to stay on the ship. The midship suites are usually more expensive than the aft ones. I'm sure you'll enjoy your suite even though it's not where you wanted to be.

Carole

Topic author
suerose111
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by suerose111 »

Thank you all for your replies and as I thought the comments are conflicting depending on personal choice. I agree CaroleF - we love the aft cabins as the balconies are larger and we love the view of the wash. I just hope Mervyn & Trish (We are Mervyn & Sue), are correct and not Onelife regarding the possible disturbance from above!
Whyndy1 - I agree - I have paid extra when booking to be able to choose my cabin, only to be re-located by P&O. I have emailed them and asked for a refund for the difference.... will see where that gets me, probably not very far!

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

suerose111 wrote: 17 Jun 2022, 13:55
Thank you all for your replies and as I thought the comments are conflicting depending on personal choice. I agree CaroleF - we love the aft cabins as the balconies are larger and we love the view of the wash. I just hope Mervyn & Trish (We are Mervyn & Sue), are correct and not Onelife regarding the possible disturbance from above!
Whyndy1 - I agree - I have paid extra when booking to be able to choose my cabin, only to be re-located by P&O. I have emailed them and asked for a refund for the difference.... will see where that gets me, probably not very far!

Good for you. I would be doing the same as we always book ‘choose your cabin option’. I’m surprised P&O haven’t offered you some form of recompense plus inconvenience compo already.

Don’t know if you’ve heard but I do a nice range of compo forms ;)

Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Whynd1 »

Kaymer

My friend certainly hopes to sail. She knew Arcadia was taken out of service for a few weeks, hasn't heard anything different.
I was going to be in the adjoining cabin but due to family difficulties have had to postpone till next year.

Lindsey

Topic author
suerose111
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by suerose111 »

Stephen wrote: 17 Jun 2022, 14:17

Good for you. I would be doing the same as we always book ‘choose your cabin option’. I’m surprised P&O haven’t offered you some form of recompense plus inconvenience compo already.

Don’t know if you’ve heard but I do a nice range of compo forms ;)
They did ... £50 but that doesn't quite cut it !!

barney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by barney »

£50 ?????
Blooming cheek !!
Empty vessels .. and all that

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

Fingers crossed! We may just have been lucky but we have had those cabins twice, once for 7 nights on Azura and once for 2 nights on Ventura, and no problems either time. Yes there was some noise during the day, but not excessive, and nothing to disturb us at night. And we're not early risers.

Return to “About Azura”