Azura A322N September 7th 2013

Azura cruises in 2013

Topic author
Wendy F
Cadet
Cadet

Azura A322N September 7th 2013

Post by Wendy F »

Might be a long way off but we are really looking forward to this cruise.
Anyone else booked on this one :?: :P

Topic author
Wendy F
Cadet
Cadet

Re: Azura A322N September 7th 2013

Post by Wendy F »

Sorry posted in wrong section, BIG slap on wrist for me :cry:

arrbee
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by arrbee »

Wendy
I've just found this but I actually set up a thread in Meeting Place azura last week. There's been no posts, but good to know that at least one other person will be on the cruise with us.
Hopefully others will join us on the thread.
Rhona

Topic author
Wendy F
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Wendy F »

Hello Rhona
Yes we are really looking forward to this cruise, on our last cruise to the Caribbean last November both Steve and myself came down with the Arcadian cough and was ill for all the cruise!!!! We are keeping fingers crossed that we stay germ free for this one!!!!
Sorry to read you had to cut the cruise short last time let hope all goes well for you this time.
I was beginning to think we had Azura to ourselves!!!!!
Have you been on Azura before :?: This will be our first time on her so we are looking forward to a different ship, we have been on Ventura and I am told it is the same size but nicer. We love Arcadia though but thought we could do with a change as our last 5 cruises have been on Arcadia!!
Lets hope a few more people join the group :angel:
Wendy :)

arrbee
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by arrbee »

Hi Wendy, Yes, we've been on Azura before - last year when we were only on board for a few days then the previous year when we went to the Adriatic - think they call it the Central Mediterranean. We really like it a lot, but it is important to us that we have a good choice of venues in the evening so it suits us to a T. We don't find it crowded at all like other have said. We had an aft cabin last time and loved it and this time we've got a cabin on C-deck. The balconies are bigger there so hopfully we'll get lots of sun to enjoy.

Interesting to see you're living in Brittany. Before we discoered cruising, we spent many holidays in France, but only about 3 times to Brittany. Once we had a gite in a forest near Dinan, which we thought was a really beautiful town as was Dinard; we also had a gite near Quimper and although we loved Quimper the gite was pretty sqalid :thumbdown: . Our friends had a house near Malestroit and we've visited there too... but our dog stayed even longer as it was the intro of the pet passports and our vet mis-understood the regs so our poor dog had to stay for an extra 6 weeks in France. Can laugh about it now but horrendous at the time.

A Bientot!!!
Rhona

Topic author
Wendy F
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Wendy F »

Hi Rhona
Yes we have lived in Brittany for 25 years, we are about 30 minutes from Quimper, about half way between Quimper and Roscoff.

Think we must start and think about booking our ferry crossing to the Uk for September, times goes by so quickly, don't want to be caught out and have to swim across :lol:
We have a balconly cabin on B deck, do you know what the cabins are like :?: We tried to get an aft one but they had all gone.

A la prochaine
Wendy

arrbee
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by arrbee »

Wendy,
We tried to get an aft cabin too!! We like the balconies on Azura and we had B deck on our aborted cruise last year which was absolutely fine but the reason we got c deck this time was that the balconies are so big - double the size of B deck. Half of it is covred but the other half is open and sunny. On D deck the whole balcony is open and we didn't think we'd like people on the decks above to see us sunbathing there :oops:.

I know we're not the only two on the ship because I met a couple of people on Oceana who were doing it so hopefully they'll join us soon.. and maybe some of the other 3000 as well.

Rhona

Franruth
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Franruth »

Hello ladies, two more are joining you.
Not long until sailing date now. We were on Azura last year and thought it was a very nice ship, although the same layout as Ventura it seemed to be better cared for, a little younger I know but much smarter. We have in recent years experienced P&Os most modern and also their most traditional.
Various destinations but each cruise regardless of ship was a great experience.
Istanbul will hopefully be our highlight this time, a place we have always wanted to visit. We remain undecided as yet whether to book cruise line trips or to take a local taxi tour.

Grando
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by Grando »

Hello Everyone
Feels like its getting closer as the cruise booklet and luggage labels arrived today!! Looking forward to seeing you again Rhona cannot believe how the time has flown since we were on Oceana in January. It looks as if we are going to lucky this time with our cruise director (it will make up for the last one)! See you in September! Doreen

Gill W
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Gill W »

Hello, I'm on this cruise as well.

I'm not one for on board meets and things, but very much looking forward to the cruise.

We were on Azura in October 2010, and can't wait to be on board again

It certainly is getting close now, only 4 weeks on Saturday.

Next week I'm going to get a proper list written out of everything we'll be taking. I think it'll be a long list!
Gill

arrbee
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by arrbee »

Grando wrote:
Hello Everyone
Feels like its getting closer as the cruise booklet and luggage labels arrived today!! Looking forward to seeing you again Rhona cannot believe how the time has flown since we were on Oceana in January. It looks as if we are going to lucky this time with our cruise director (it will make up for the last one)! See you in September! Doreen
Four weeks from now, we'll have set sail and probably somewhere off the Isle of Whyte :clap: Looking forward to meeting everybody.

Doreen - yes sure we'll catch up but if I don't immediately recognise you give me a shake. I'm hopeless at remembering faces. Flora was on Azura a few weeks ago and said Neil and the Ents Team were in great form so we're really looking forward to meeting him as we've never been with him as CD before ....but obviously heard great things about him. We're not cruising on Ooceana till Feb next year which is just as well because the CD is the same for the Jan cruise. Well at least his tan will get a good top-up again. :lol:

Simosimpson
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Simosimpson »

arrbee wrote:
Wendy
I've just found this but I actually set up a thread in Meeting Place azura last week. There's been no posts, but good to know that at least one other person will be on the cruise with us.
Hopefully others will join us on the thread.
Rhona
We have just booked this cruise. We were so impressed with our 17 day cruise on this ship that we booked this one. :lol:

arrbee
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by arrbee »

Welcome to the thread Simosimpson. We love Azura too so we're really looking forward to being on her again as well as seeing various new ports of course. Sure it's going to be a good one. My maiden name was Simpson so we may have a name in common..?
Rhona

daveee
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by daveee »

Hello we are on the Azura too for the Black sea cruise. It will be a nice return as we did the maiden cruise on this ship so really looking forward to it. Has anyone heard who the stars are on board this cruise?

Topic author
Wendy F
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Wendy F »

:moresarcasm: Seems like we are having a few more on the cruise Rhona! Haven't posted for a while as I have been to UK again, next trip to UK will be for the cruise. Can't wait seems ages since we first posted. Bought a few bits while in UK last week, spare bedroom starting to have things stored ready for packing. Wonder how many suitcases we will be taking this time!!!!

Wendy

Bert C
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Bert C »

Ms B and I have just booked this cruise.
Not long to go now. Hardly enough time to get excited!!!

Anna W1
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Anna W1 »

We have just booked this week, with just 3 weeks to go tomorrow. Looking forward to it and being back on Azura.

Anna

Grando
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by Grando »

Just to remind you, this time next week!!!! Doreen :wave:

Anna W1
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Anna W1 »

So it is... Started to get things together this afternoon starting to really look forward to it, but loads still to do. Anna

arrbee
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by arrbee »

One of our cases goes off tomorrow afternoon with The Baggage Handling Company so have had to get organised this weekend. We're travelling down by train on Friday so we'll put all our shoes, toiletries etc in that case to lighten our load for getting on and off the trains.

Hope to meet some of you onboard and I'll definitely look out for you Doreen!

Rhona

Grando
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by Grando »

Hi Rhona
You are very well organised! We intend to get the cases out of the loft tomorrow and go from there. Really looking forward to this cruise as we will be going with our friends this time. We will be travelling down on Saturday morning to their house in Romsey where we will leave the car and travel in to Southampton by taxi. So see you on board! Doreen. :thumbup:

Gill W
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Gill W »

My spare room is currently looking like a branch of Marks & Spencer's, and I still haven't got all my clothes out yet!

But it's all coming along nicely, hoping to have the majority of the packing done by the end of Wednesday, as I'm working on Thursday and Friday.
Gill

Return to “Azura Cruises 2013”